Information we collect and how we use it
GlobalTek collects information to establish and provide services to our customers. We do not collect personal information about you through our websites or other digital properties unless you voluntarily provide it. Examples of the information we collect include:
- Personal identifying information like name, date of birth, address and government issued ID numbers
- Financial and banking information
- Contact information like phone numbers and email addresses
- Identifying information of third parties
We use information we collect to identify you; to establish, maintain and service your account; to communicate with you; to facilitate payments; and to operate, maintain and improve our business and the products and services we provide to our customers.
For suppliers, vendors and potential vendors, we collect information we require, including personal information, to consider your application to become a supplier or vendor. We may also use this information to process payments; to comply with any government reporting requirements; and for other internal business purposes.
When visiting any of our websites or other digital properties, we collect information about how you use the websites or digital properties. This includes the pages you visit as well as information about the device you are using. This information is provided automatically to us by your browser or by using cookies. We collect this information to improve your browsing experience and to address any technical problems which may occur.
On some occasions when visiting any of GlobalTek’s websites or other digital properties, you may be asked to complete either an online survey or questionnaire. These surveys and questionnaires ask for your opinions, attitudes, interests, and more generally, about your activities online. The answers provided are used to improve the services offered through our digital properties.
The GlobalTek websites and other digital properties do not knowingly collect personal information from users under age 13 and are in no way directed at children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit a request for information, inquiry, or any personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use) to us. If we learn that information has been submitted, or that we have collected personal information, from a user under the age of 13, we will take immediate steps to delete such information.
Sharing of personal information
In the normal course of business GlobalTek shares personal information with third
parties. We do this in the following, limited circumstances:
- Personal information is provided to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other third parties who assist us in providing you with current and potentially future services, or with other permitted uses of personal information (subject to appropriate confidentiality agreements and our instructions consistent with this privacy notice).
- Personal information is provided to: (a) satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of GlobalTek, its customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- We may disclose personal information with the U.S. Department of Commerce, Internal Revenue Service, the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and their designees to participate in the protection of the security of critical infrastructure and key resources and ensuring information security. The information may be shared with law enforcement authorities in accordance with applicable law both in the United States and the originating country.
- We may disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale (including any transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving GlobalTek or its affiliated companies or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock or asset sale, or other change in corporate control.
We may also share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non–personal information, such as how many customers viewed a web page. Such information would not identify you individually.
Third party links on our website
While browsing GlobalTek websites, you may encounter and choose to access websites or online services operated by companies or agencies that may not be associated with GlobalTek. These websites may send their own cookies to you, log your IP address, and/or otherwise collect data or Personal Information about you and your online activities. GlobalTek does not control and is not responsible for what outside entities do
in connection with their websites or online services, or how they handle your Personal Information. Please use caution and consult the privacy policies posted on each outside website that you visit for further information.
Accessing and updating your personal information
If you want to review and/or update the personal information you have provided to us, you may do so by logging in to your account or using the Contact Us information below.
GLOBALTEK encourages our customers to visit our website to determine how we communicate with you.
Website “Do Not Track” requests
GLOBALTEK websites do not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other similar mechanisms. “Do Not Track” signals are used by some web browsers to attempt to limit tracking related to your visits to a website.
Protecting your personal information
We use industry-standard administrative, technical and physical safeguards and protection practices and controls to ensure the integrity of our systems and to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. Such protection measures include firewalls and Secure Socket Layers (SSL) to protect and encrypt sensitive transmissions. Please be advised, however, that no security system is fail-safe and we cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons.
We may contact you from time to time to provide you with useful information, updates regarding our services, and special offers; however, we do not and will not at any time request any of the following information via email or through any telephone call initiated by us:
- your account user ID
- your account password
- your social security number
- your credit card and/or bank information
Likewise, we will never send you an unsolicited email containing a link to the log-in page for our website.
For more information about protecting yourself from scams, fraud and imposters that try to obtain your personal information.
Cookies are bits of text that are placed on your computer’s hard drive when you visit certain websites. We utilize browser cookies to tell us, for example, whether you’ve previously visited any of our websites or if you’re a new visitor. They may also be used to save your preferences while you are visiting a website and to enhance your online experience.
A warning about social media
To provide both current and potential customers with more options for contacting GlobalTek, we have established Facebook and Twitter accounts for many of our companies. As these are public forums, you should be aware that any personal information you choose to disclose through those platforms can be read, collected or used by others and that such disclosures are subject solely to the privacy policies and protections of those forums.
GlobalTek has no control over those forums and, thus, is not responsible for any personal information you may choose to disclose through them. You should also be aware that GlobalTek will never disclose, or ask for you to disclose, your non-public, personally identifying information (such as your Social Security number, bank information, etc.) through these public forums.
GlobalTek recommends that you not submit your non-public, personally identifying information through these avenues. If there is a need for such information, GlobalTek will provide you alternative communication methods.
Privacy Notice Updates
We may change or update this privacy notice at any time. We will change the effective date found at the top of this privacy notice when
an update is made. We recommend that you visit this web page periodically to be kept informed regarding any changes.
We may include a notification on our websites home pages to notify you of a privacy notice update.
If you have any questions about GlobalTek’s privacy policies, please contact us at 954 368 3944